3/9/21

Whoops I forogt


๐Ÿ˜… I kind of forgot to tell you guys something really important.. 

So there may or may not be key information that I did not really go in depth with about the film I am going to do and I apologize for that. But before I get into what I forgot let me update you on a mini meeting I had with my teacher, Mrs. Stoklosa !

Mini Meeting๐Ÿ‘€

So today, I had a very important business meeting with my teacher who is just checking up on me and letting me know how I am doing with this project. She told me that she thinks my blogs are fine and she likes the constant visuals I put there. She loved the idea of the Marine center I visited a couple of weeks ago. She did give me a tip for the music since she saw that I am no longer going to rely on the big companies I was going to count on. She gave me the idea to visit a website called puprle-planet.com Which is basically a website for free copy right music that I can include in my film. She also told me that I can use multiple songs in the trailer and include some sort of dialogue. She also recommended to go to Youtube library which is most likely what i am going to end up doing since it worked a lot for the last project I did. 

Now.. on to the KEY DETAIL I missed 

Okay so, I am pretty sure I told you guys about the genre but I was not specific on what is the genre I am actually going to do and why. So the official genre of the film is.. Drama/ Fantasy. In the very beginning of when the project was introduced I was going to simply focus it on Fantasy. I talked it out with my teacher and she told me that mainly doing it on Fantasy was not a good idea because I do not have the budget to produce a film like that. So I looked at examples and movies that the main Genre is Drama and the sub genre is Fantasy. Since the film is more about Ocean discovering her past and learning more about her mom and her research it was better off to mainly focus it on Drama. Especially because Drama is my specialty. Here are some few examples I looked at. Now these examples are  obviously more Fantasy than Drama but in the trailers of a lot of the films they all start with the element of drama. So I got a lot of ideas from these films, with the plot because all of the films provided a parent has died. 

Example #1

 Nanny Mc Phee (2005) I think this is one of the films where I found comfort in finding the genre and the trailer because it starts off with a voice over on how a only parent lost his significant other so that already attracts my target audience. 

Example #2

 Narnia (2005) Again I watched the trailer of this film and it starts with the element of a broken family because of World War 2, so finding that in this film was the main focus of my film.

Example #3
A series of Unfortunate events (2004) is more on the mystery dram fantasy but again the trailer is started with the drama of the parents dying. 

These are all the films I investigated when I wanted to find a way for my film to be more on the Drama side than the Fantasy side. 































No comments:

Post a Comment