4/1/21

Time for the Critical Reflection






 Its finally that time! ☺

Yesterday in class, Mrs. Stoklosa went over the critical reflection questions that we are going to have to answer in our blog when the project is due. Oh before I continue, she was so generous that she extended the due date from April 12th to April 18th. Anyways, in order for me to write a very good essay for the rest of the project that is left, I am going to report how I am going to answer each question on a new blog post. When it comes to the actual essay I will obviously answer all the questions in one essay. 

Question 1: How did your research inform your products and the way they use or challenge conventions!

There are four questions to this and to start off, Mrs. Stoklosa said that it is better to answer them in the order she told us to do it. This question is basically asking me about what genre I have, how did I research the genre, and the characteristics I included to embrace my genre.

First part

So, obviously my genre is Drama, and there are many reasons why I decided to pick Drama in the first place. I decided to do Drama, because ti is the easiest way for me to express an idea and I also picked it because it's usually the most viewed genre in film. That and action movies. So obviously there are films that I researched that would help me with this and the main one that inspired me was Soul Surfer. With that being said, I also did Drama last year because in my opinion it is also the easiest way to convey a story. One that has true meaning. So, I looked into the qualities of Soul Surfer was the element of her losing an arm and having to perform daily functions without her arm. I knew I don't have the budget to produce a detail like that so I started thinking even more. My sub genre of the film is fantasy, because of Ocean being a mermaid. So then I started looking at fantasy film that usually have that same element of drama qualities.


I obviously do not have the genre Fantasy, but they all did inspire me to have Drama characteristics because these Fantasy Films also include Drama as one of their genres. So I decided to see that each movies had one thing in common. In the movie the main characters parents, either both or one is dead. So that is when I went into the route of grabbing that idea and using it with Ocean. So I implied that drama effect by creating an automatic sadness in the beginning that Ocean does not have her mother, and does not have that motherly love.
I think this is the easiest question of them all, and with this research and talking about the movies and the characteristics of what I included with the drama effects will make it even easier.



No comments:

Post a Comment